Blueberry Lemon Walnut Bread
What You Need
1 cup walnuts, chopped
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons lemon zest
3/4 cup buttermilk
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. In a dry skillet, toast walnuts over medium-high heat for 1 to 2 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. Whisk to combine.
4. In a medium bowl, combine sugar, lemon zest, buttermilk, eggs, vanilla, melted butter and oil. Whisk just to combine.
5. Make a well in center of dry ingredients. Add liquid ingredients and mix gently just to combine; do not over-mix. Gently fold in walnuts and blueberries.
6. Pour batter into a greased and floured 8 x 4-inch loaf pan. Bake in preheated oven for 55 to 60 minutes or until tester inserted in center comes out clean. Cool on rack for 20 minutes; remove from pan, cool to room temperature.
7. To make the glaze, combine sugar and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Bring to boil over high heat, then reduce heat and continue stirring until sugar dissolves.
8. Brush glaze over bread while still warm.