Chocolate and Raspberry Mousse
What You Need
2 pt Fresh raspberries.
½ cup of Granulated sugar.
32 oz Semisweet chocolate, chopped fine.
8 oz Unsweetened chocolate, chopped fine.
12 Egg whites.
3 cups of Heavy cream.
1) Place the raspberries and 1/4 cup sugar in a bowl. Crush the berries into a rough texture.
2) Add the chocolate to the raspberries and place over a double boiler. Stir to avoid scorching the chocolate. Heat on low until the chocolate has melted then remove from heat and cool.
3) In a seperate bowl, beat the egg whites until they form soft peaks. Slowly add remaining sugar and beat together.
4) Beat the heavy cream until it forms stiff peaks.
5) Add 1/4 of the egg whites to the chocolate, stirring well. Fold in the cream and the remaining egg whites. Mix thoroughly.
6) Refrigerate until ready to serve.