Lemon Blueberry Drop Scones
What You Need
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup lemon yogurt
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries*
1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
2. In another bowl, combine the yogurt, egg and butter.
3. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
4. Fold in blueberries.
5. Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto a greased baking sheet.
6. Bake at 400 degrees F for 15-18 minutes or until lightly browned.
7. Combine glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm scones.