Spinach Salad with Steak & Blueberries
What You Need
1 cup fresh blueberries, divided
1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted (see Tips)
3 tablespoons fruity vinegar, such as raspberry vinegar
1 tablespoon minced shallot
1 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt, divided
3 tablespoons walnut oil or canola oil
1 pound sirloin steak or strip steak (1-1 1/4 inches thick), trimmed
1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
8 cups baby spinach
1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
1) Preheat grill to medium.
2) Pulse 1/4 cup blueberries, 1/4 cup walnuts, vinegar, shallot, sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt in a food processor to form a chunky paste. With the motor running, add oil until incorporated. 3) Transfer the dressing to a large bowl.
4) Sprinkle steak with pepper and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt. Oil the grill rack (see Tips).
5) Grill the steak about 5 minutes per side for medium-rare, 6 minutes per side for medium.
6) Let rest on acleancutting board for 5 minutes.
7) Add spinach to the bowl with the dressing; toss to coat. Divide the spinach among 4 plates. Thinly slice the steak crosswise. Top the spinach with the steak, feta and the remaining blueberries and walnuts.