White Chocolate Raspberry Tart
What You Need
1 ¼ cup of walnuts, finely chopped.
¾ cup of unsalted butter, softened.
3 tablespoons of sugar.
1 ½ cup of flour.
1 teaspoon of freshly-grated orange zest.
1 large egg, lightly beaten.
3 cups of fresh raspberries.
12 oz of white chocolate, chopped.
½ cup of heavy cream, warmed.
½ cup of whipped cream, to garnish
1) In a bowl with an electric mixer, blend walnuts, ¾ of the butter, sugar, flour, orange zest and egg until thoroughly combined, and press into an 11-inch tart pan with removable bottom.
2) Freeze the shell for 15 minutes.
3) While the shell is freezing, preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
4) Bake the shell in middle of your oven for 25-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
5) Allow the shell to cool on a rack.
6) Remove the side of pan and transfer the shell to a plate.
7) Fill shell with 2 ½ cups of raspberries.
8) In a large metal bowl set over a saucepan of barely simmering water, melt the white chocolate.
9) Remove the bowl from the heat and whisk in the cream and the remaining butter, whisking until smooth.
10) Spread the white chocolate mixture over the raspberries, smoothing top and chill, covered, for 3 hours or overnight.
11) Garnish the tart with whipped cream and remaining ½ cup of raspberries.
Serve at room temperature